I meant to make a post about this when I started, but I have now been working at Discourse as a Software Engineer for six weeks!
The best things about working at Discourse are:
- The team (39 people and growing, largest I have ever worked on) is fully remote and distributed across every continent! (well, except Antarctica)
- Asynchronous work culture has been the core of the company since its inception. Discourse bleeds asynchronously!
- The team is full of ridiculously talented people who are generous with their knowledge. Everyone is a stellar written communicator.
- The codebase is fully open-source and is varied. On any day I can be working on the huge core product, a plugin, a theme component, or contributing to an open-source project Discourse uses.
- There is a lot of reading and a lot of writing, which is kind of a thing of mine.
- Everyone is treated like grown-ups, and trusted to do their work on their own schedule.
- How much more time do you have? I can keep listing things!
I am over the moon with this job and still pinch myself each day when I think about where I work and who I work with. 🌟